Sunday 9 August 2015

Sephora and Canadian Drugstore Haul

Today I come to you not from my usual bedroom setting but thousands of feet above on the flight home from Canada and with 5 hours left of the flight and no chance of me getting to sleep, I thought I'd write a little post about all the makeup that I splurged on on a shopping trip in Vancouver.

Starting with every beauty blogger's favourite store, I picked up two new bits from Sephora. The first of which was the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask. Having seriously dry skin means that any product claiming to help keep dryness away is always swiftly popped into my basket and this mask from Origins was no exception! I've actually been really liking (and have reviewed as my last post) another mask designed for dry skin recently from Quick Fix Facials which is a bit more purse friendly so I'll be interested to see how the more expensive Origins counterpart compares. I also stopped by the Smashbox stand and picked up a bottle of their 10 hour foundation which the assistant told me has a really good coverage but doesn't feel too heavy on the skin as some foundations can do especially if they promise more coverage. And over ochre, once I've given it a little try, I'll be sharing whether I feel it's worth the pretty hefty price tag compared to my usual L' ordeal foundation purchases. 

For any beauty blogger, one of the highlights of hitting North America is of course, the drugstore makeup hauls and Canada definitely did not dissapoint! One of the first things I bought was a new product that I saw Maybelline had just brought out which was there Studio Fix primers which look suspiciously similar to the classic Smashbox primers. I believe Maybelline did 3 versions of the primers; one for redness, another to illuminate and a third to control oil and I went for the green option. After a little bit of an in store swatch, I noticed that the primer doesn't feel as silicone-y as the Smashbox one does, more of a moisturiser texture which does feel nicer on your skin but I'm not sure how much it will help to keep my makeup on. 

When it comes to drugstore makeup, North America always seems to get new products released much quicker and fewer get discontinued which was definitely the case with L'Oreal's telescopic mascara which I loved but it then got discontinued in the UK. So naturally, when I spotted it in the drugstore, I had to pick up a tube. What I love about this mascara is that the brush is really thin and small so it really gets your lashes looking long and not clumpy at all like some bigger brushes can.

Another repurchase for me was of Rimmel's Eastend Snob lip liner which I just ran out of. This is seriously the best lip liner I've tried. The colour is close to my natural lip colour but just adds something more and makes my lips look a lot fuller and defined. 

You may have seen my last posts where I raved about my love for the Canadian eye makeup remover that topped any of the other makeup removers I'd tried before. Carrying on from that, I bought a bigger bottle of the stuff to take home with me so I won't have to track it down online and pay for postage in such a hurry. To be honest- I was thinking about buying 2 or 3 bottles but then, that might look just a little odd..

And finally there was no way I was passing up on the offer of Essie nail polishes at £4 so a last minute purchase was made of Essie's tart deco which is a colour that I've wanted to get my hands on for a little while now as I've been loving the Orange coloured nail options recently. 

Beauty and the Budget 





No comments:

Post a Comment