Tuesday 22 December 2015

bourjois air matte foundation I review




in the past few months I've been having a bit of a foundation struggle. all the ones I have in my collection seem to be either too dark, too heavy, not have enough coverage or they don't last for the rest of the day. so a little stroll through Boots a few weeks ago saw me come across this new release from Bourjois and here is what I thought...

Bourjois have released six shades of their new foundation and naturally, being as pale as milk, I chose the lightest shade called ivory rose. Luckily, the shade suits me well but it does have quite a yellow undertone to it which is good for me but might not work for everyone so do have a thorough swatch session before you take it to the till!

What I like best about this foundation is its high coverage. When I apply it with my Real Techniques Sponge, the coverage is really high and you can easily apply more layers without the finish looking too heavy or thick. Although I find using a regular buffing brush still gives a nicely blended finish, it doesn't lend itself as much to building up the coverage as using a sponge brush does. Wearing time is also another plus point for this foundation and when I put this on in the mornings, I feel pretty confident it will still be there by the time I go to bed.

As a bit of makeup packaging obsessive, I really appreciate the sleek looking packaging Bourjois have chosen with the silver lid as well. It doesn't take up too much room in my makeup bag but equally, still looks good on the top of my dressing table.

 One of Bourjois' claims about their foundation is that it has a very light feel on your skin. I don't tend to find many foundations feel too thick on my skin and this one was no different. It feels nice and fresh and I like the fact that it's a non-comedogenic product so it shouldn't cause your skin to react badly.

 As well as this being a light weight foundation, it's also meant to have a matte finish which indeed it does. I know some people aren't big fans of the matte finish as it can make your skin look a little flat but I don't mind it personally and the finish of this base isn't too matte especially if you pop on some highlighter or a bit of a shimmery blush.

Luckily, I don't really have any bad things to say about this foundation. I've found a base that suits my skin tone, gives enough coverage without being too heavy and lasts pretty much all day whilst having a reasonable price tag. With this in mind, it's safe to say, I will be reaching for this stuff a lot over the Christmas period!

beauty and the budget

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear,

    Nice day!

    This is Irfan Mustafa from Japan Import, which sells JEINDEER Eyelash Curler.

    Your blog is awesome and you have a great taste on fashion and beauty. I'm inviting the partners like you to have a cooperation.....

    we will cooperate via review post. We will send you a JEINDEER Eyelash Curler for free.

    If you are interested in this cooperation invitation, please reply to me.

    Thank you for reading this cooperation invitation patiently


    Best regards,
    Irfan Mustafa
    yazanwirsa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete